|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm;some nights/wkends|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Case Manager is responsible for the provision of case management services to clients of the substance abuse program. The Case Manager ensures that all requirements of the contract, licensure, and VOA-TX Policies and Procedures are applied equally to all clients.
1. Provides monitoring services for client adherence to individualized treatment plans.
2. Manages all aspects of participants’ progress through the program including development and implementation.
3. Provides active, intensive, comprehensive case management services which includes accompanying the client to the referral source if necessary.
4. Interacts with probation and other treatment staff to facilitate individualized treatment plans and ensure continuity of care.
5. Monitors community service and extra duty assignments.
6. Maintains and strengthens existing linkages with community agencies and establishes new links.
7. Collects, reviews, and communicates medical, psychological, educational, social, and employment information and implements required action under guidance of Program Director.
8. Observes behavior of residents to ensure compliance with VOA-TX Policy and Procedures and House Rules.
9. Assists residents with coping and problem solving and intervenes in resident verbal or physical conflicts.
10. May assist residents with physical care.
11. Insures health and safety measures are adhered to, including monitoring self-administration of medication based on VOA-TX Policy and Procedures.
12. Obtains UA samples to monitor resident substance abuse.
13. Assists residents in setting appointments and initiating contacts.
14. Provides transportation for residents in facility vehicle.
15. Coordinates all communication to community agencies.
16. Performs intake procedures on new residents.
17. Collects records of referrals and maintains participant files.
18. Provides training as requested in group and individual settings as developed in the treatment plan.
19. Plans and implements recreational activities for residents.
1. Monitors contracts, ongoing adherence to contract, and administrative documentation for all aspects of program participants.
2. Maintains chronological written records.
3. Participates in staff meetings and training.
Financial: Within the scope of responsibility, adheres to budget guidelines, including expenditures, billing for services, P-Card documentation, etc.
This position does not have direct organizational supervisory responsibilities.
• Knowledge of basic computer functions.
• Familiar with community resources.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Displays passion and optimism.
• Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
• Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
• Upholds organizational values.
• Flexibility of scheduling work hours to meet the needs of the program.
• Ability to work independently with general supervision.
• Ability to manage volatile situations/residents.
• Ability to interact with staff members and community contacts
• Exhibits confidence in self and others, and inspires and motivates others to perform well.
• Demonstrates ability to work with multi-disciplinary team.
Bachelor’s degree plus two years related, transferable experience, OR six years directly related, transferable experience, OR a reasonable combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A Texas Drivers License is required and the ability to be insured.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications