|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Facility: Shadydell LIGHT
The Residential Mentor is responsible for the management of residents, including food, house, and medical with an end result to maintain a supportive, safe, home environment.
- Has responsibility for resident's care in compliance with standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Supervises residents in observance of house rules, as well as policies and procedures of Volunteers of America Texas treatment programs.
- Ensures the provision of a physically and emotionally safe environment for all residents enrolled in the program, sets appropriate boundaries, and adheres to all programmatic schedules, policies and procedures.
- Assists in planning, implementing and supervision of resident's activities.
- Participates in training, staffing and supervisory sessions and instructs group sessions as assigned.
- Handles telephone inquiries and takes messages.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records and reports, in accordance with the program, agency and licensing standards.
- Provides resident intake orientation.
- Assists with resident files in securing necessary information.
- Provides support to residents and, when needed, calls person on call for assistance.
- Supervises self administration of medication with clients as scheduled, following protocols as trained.
- Completes all shift notes and required documentation that relate to client care and communicates to incoming shift staff all relevant activity.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Demonstrates and coaches the development of skills identified as goals in the treatment plan.
- Transports residents to meetings, appointments and any other transport that has been approved by Management Staff.
- Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client usage, as appropriate.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others, and inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Requires a demonstrated ability in home management record keeping.
- Ability to mentor to residents and use positive discipline methods.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid Texas Drivers License (must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Hourly Pay Rate beginning at $8.50.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications