|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
This is a full time salaried position working Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
Job Summary: The Counselor is responsible for screening and assessing potential clients for admission into substance abuse treatment programs to ensure the appropriate placement of clients and to ensure that utilization of treatment beds and slots is optimized. The Counselor provides training as needed to Counselors and Interns and performs information management for analyzing, reporting and development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conducts screenings and assessments with clients to determine eligibility for services.
2. Conducts financial eligibility screenings with clients.
3. Contacts Medicaid/insurance providers, as needed, to determine eligibility for VOA-Texas services.
4. Completes client psychosocial assessments.
5. Maintains waiting list for VOA-Texas substance abuse treatment programs and refers clients on wait list for interim services.
6. Maintains referral records of those persons not eligible for VOA-Texas treatment services.
7. Prepares periodic reports on client status and activities as required by funding agencies.
8. Notifies appropriate counselor of potential unmet mental health needs that are identified during admissions process.
9. Enters admissions date into CMBHS system and maintains records as appropriate.
10. Maintains effective working relationship with the regional OSAR provider designated by DSHS; coordinates the receipt of referrals, obtains re-authorizations as appropriate.
11. Develops referral linkages with community organizations.
12. Performs outreach activities with other service providers and with community venues to educate them about programming and optimize appropriate referrals.
13. Attends staff meetings and provides staff trainings for clinicians and other staff who are involved with the intake process.
14. Conducts information management activities (retrieval, analysis and presentation) to assist with program development and proposal development activities within the department.
1. Ensures management of the program’s resources within budget.
2. Reviews and approves expenditures within budgetary guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a human services field plus two years related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with BHIPS admissions system preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
To meet the qualifications of a licensed substance abuse treatment program in Texas, the counselor must hold either an LCDC license from the state of Texas, or may hold a clinical license in the form of LMSW, LPC, or LMFT. If working in substance abuse treatment, the LMSW, LPC, or LMFT must meet the requirements stipulated by DSHS to be a Qualified Credentialed Counselor. Licensure must remain current and in good standing.
A licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC) is licensed to provide chemical dependency counseling services involving the application of the principles, methods, and procedures of the chemical dependency profession as defined by the profession's ethical standards and the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) as defined by rule 25 TAC chapter 441 (relating to General Provisions). The license does not qualify an individual to provide services outside this scope of practice.
Valid, Current Texas drivers’ license and clear MVR (ability to be insured)
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications