|Title:||Community Service Provider|
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Work Schedule:||Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm|
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Community Service Provider is responsible for providing curriculum based support groups and drug abuse prevention educational presentations for youth in accordance with approved curriculum and contractual requirements. The Community Service Provider may also be responsible for outreach/recruitment activities designed to enlist participants for prevention programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts curriculum-based support groups on a weekly basis at various program sites throughout the community.
- Documents attendance and relevant information regarding client participation in the program.
- Provides monthly summaries and reports as required.
- Assists with training of volunteers.
- Works with other agency staff to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Attends staff meetings and training.
- Performs community outreach activities designed to recruit participants for prevention programs.
- Directly recruits youth and adults for prevention programming.
- Maintains fidelity to approved curriculum and upholds production standards.
- Attends training to provide services in other areas within the department.
- Be responsive and carry out all other assigned duties as instructed by Supervisor and/or Director.
- High school diploma or equivalency required plus demonstrated ability to manage classrooms and conduct structured activities. Requires a reasonable combination of the following skills and abilities: resource development, organizational skills, teaching ability, good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
- One year experience in substance abuse services and/or community outreach desirable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.