Assistant Community Administrator
|Title:||Assistant Community Administrator|
|Work Schedule:||Tuesday - Thursday 8am - 1pm|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Responsible for assisting the Community Administrator in the daily operations of the entire property, including supervision of staff, building maintenance, all administrative duties for both internal and external agencies, and maintaining positive relationships with the residents of the property.
- Processes applications, certifications and re-certifications, completes lease packet, calculates rent, and prepares all documents in accordance with the regulatory agency's specifications and Fair Housing Laws.
- Responsible for collection of regular monthly rents from property residents.
- Maintains resident and property files and waiting lists.
- Assumes responsibility of the property during brief absences of the Community Administrator.
- Assists with other projects as assigned by the Community Administrator.
- Assists in the managing of the property office staff and/or functions, ensuring that all bookkeeping, marketing, and lease preparations are performed as required.
- Assists and supports the community administrator in the marketing of the property in accordance with Fair Housing and the management agent's guidelines.
- Assists in information gathering and preparation of reports as assigned by the Community Administrator.
- Assists in the maintenance of office files for all business and financial records, as well as properly crediting the computer and properly depositing all monies received.
- Assists in the daily inspection of the property to ensure building and grounds are properly maintained and take or suggest any actions needed for repair.
- Responds to all resident maintenance requests.
- Assists Community Administrator to ensure management of the program’s resources within budget.
- Reviews expenditures within budgetary guidelines.
- Within the scope of responsibility, adheres to budget guidelines, including expenditures, billing for services, P-Card documentation, etc.
- Supervises and supports members of the team during brief absences of the Community Administrator.
- Ensures that accountability and continuity are maintained during these periods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- High School diploma plus four years general office experience. One year property management experience preferred.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
- Professional COS certification preferred
Hourly pay rate beginning at $9.88 per hour.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications