|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 10:00/11:00am-8:00/9:00pm|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Counselor Intern is responsible for providing therapeutic interventions designed to assist clients to successfully complete the substance abuse program. No direct supervisory responsibility.
- Under the clinical supervision of the Counselor:
- Facilitates therapeutic group and individual counseling.
- Completes client psychosocial assessment as required, and develops and/or revises individual client treatment plans.
- Conducts weekly client progress assessment.
- Prepares periodic reports on client status and activities as required by funding agencies.
- Conducts substance abuse education as described by program.
- Develops referral linkages with community resources.
- Monitors and notifies staff of potential psychological crises with individual clients that may affect the operation of the program or the facility.
- Maintains treatment and other therapeutic records.
- Attends staff meetings and training.
- Within the scope of responsibility, adheres to budget guidelines, including expenditures, billing for services, P-Card documentation, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional qualifications include:
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct, under clinical supervision, therapeutic counseling for individuals and groups.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others and inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or working towards completion of an Associate’s Degree.
- Must have current Counselor Intern license from Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Must have 24 credit hours in chemical dependency education.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Annual salary determined by experience and knowledge.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications