|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday varying hours|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Facility Director is responsible for the overall management of the Community Correctional Facility to which he/she is assigned. The Facility Director fulfills the goals of the organization, by following established policies and procedures, by ensuring compliance with all funding source requirements, and by following all guidelines that are outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures Manual. The Facility Director should show strong leadership skills and be able to delegate and empower staff to set and achieve goals which will enhance the agency's image and standing in the correctional field and in the community. Direct supervision of employees.
- Manages all levels of staff, including participating in or supervising all hiring, training, evaluating, and personnel disciplinary processes.
- Ensures that all required paperwork is submitted in a timely manner to the appropriate location or individual.
- Ensures that the facility remains in compliance with all Life/Safety Codes (101) and other Federal and state fire, safety and health standards; ensures that the Life/Safety Compliance Book and Programs Compliance Book are maintained in a current manner at all times.
- Manages the facility's financial activities including supervision of client referrals, client fee collections, and budget line item expenditures; ensures that all expenditures are within the budget established for the facility.
- Develops, for approval, facility goals and objectives on an annual basis.
- Supervises and monitors the development of all program curricula for the facility Living Skills and Substance Abuse Education classes and/or treatment.
- Makes unannounced visits to classes or groups in session to ensure that proper information is being utilized.
- Develops and maintains effective client services and reporting in compliance with VOA-TX program and funding source requirements. This includes upkeep of facility grievance log to ensure that all grievances are handled in a timely manner and are completely filled out and assigned a number.
- Implements all Volunteers of America Texas, Inc. Policies and Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, and Personnel Policies.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all funding sources, regulatory and other community agency representatives.
- Attends regular meetings and training with the sponsoring agencies and other correctional agencies as appropriate.
- Ensures that the facility is provided with 24-hour supervisory assistance to on-duty staff and conducts unannounced visits to the facility at least monthly.
- Prepares a detailed summary of the facility activities each month and submits to appropriate department head/ supervisor in the established time frame and format.
- Ensures management of the program’s resources within budget.
- Responsible for cost center management for the facility which includes budget preparation and monthly forecasts; the expectation is for the program to operate within budget.
- Director must prepare revised operational plans, if necessary, to address significant changes to client count, revenue and/or expense.
- Supervises, supports, motivates, and empowers the members of his/her team.
- Ensures that all departmental human resources responsibilities are met: interviewing, hiring, firing, staff training, assigning and directing work, rewarding and disciplining staff, conducting evaluations and performance management, addressing complaints and resolving problems, career development, succession planning, equal employment opportunity, and health and safety issues for all staff operating each of the distinct programs.
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common organizational vision.
- Builds cross functionality among service team members and other departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly effective leadership; demonstrates a fundamental respect for the dignity of others and is a proven team builder; inclined to coach and teach in order to improve knowledge and ability of others, but holds people accountable for results.
- Capable of creating or seizing opportunities to improve service effectiveness and client outcomes and build strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Understands and values quality improvement; applies managerial and technical skills to measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness and ensure compliance with all regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines.
- Adaptable and reliable in face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities.
- Able to lead a team in managing multiple and often simultaneous tasks and in creating a work environment recognized for a high level of organization, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, and results.
- Ability to create a shared understanding of organizational values and goals, with the ability to design a programmatic strategy to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity and inclusion; values a diversity of perspectives and encourages contributions by all team members.
- Strategically collaborates and partners with other organizations.
- Business “literate,” understands financial reports, applies data to assess business effectiveness and efficiency and acts in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Supports a flexible and “learning organization” equipped for adaptive change.
- Politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Practices self awareness and establishes a level of comfort in asking for support when needed.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Models high ethical standards of conduct.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services or related field with four years of transferable, related experience, two of which must include supervision or Ten years directly related, transferable residential experience, with two years in supervision.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications