|Location:||The Woodlands, TX|
|Work Schedule:||Monday - Friday 7am- 11am|
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Janitor is responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Maintains all interior common areas of property in a clean, healthy, and safe manner.
- Maintains cleaning and housekeeping supplies inventories, including requisitioning of supplies as needed.
- Vacuums and dusts interior common areas daily.
- Vacuums carpets, sweeps and cleans floors of vacant units following the make ready form.
- Cleans public restrooms and laundry daily and checks for supplies.
- Washes windows and glass in common areas to include: lobby, office and community rooms, on a periodic basis.
- Sweeps, washes, and waxes floors in interior common areas weekly.
- Removes trash and debris in interior common areas daily.
- Participates in the inspection of common area for hazardous or unsafe conditions, physical damage, or any other form of deterioration.
- Assists maintenance person with repairs in the interior common areas when needed.
- Assists with other projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as assigned.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific Competencies
- Working knowledge of basic computer functions
- Requires a demonstrated ability in record keeping
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards
- Upholds organizational values
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High school diploma or equivalent OR four years directly related experience with a verifiable work history.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Hourly pay rate beginning at $9.00
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!