|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Work Schedule:||varying days and hours|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Hours: 16 hours per week - days & times flexible
Salary: $19.44 to $29.16 per hour, depending upon proven experience
The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide program support and direct care to clients for minor illnesses and injuries, and make referrals to other medical professionals and facilities as appropriate. The RN will participate in ISP planning and monitoring as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Be available, on-call as scheduled, for nursing consultation and/or treatment of minor illnesses or injuries and render nursing assistant in medical emergencies.
2. Participate in the initial admission evaluation and treatment plan designed of each client admitted to this program.
3. Perform periodic medication administration review.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and registration and license (RN) to practice nursing in the state of Texas and one year of experience during the last 36 months. Experience in Home Health or Public Health and Mental Retardation desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following certificates, licenses, or registrations: Registration and license to practice nursing in state of Texas (RN License)
• driving frequently for VOA-TX business:
„« MVR background check (good driving record) is required.
„« A valid, current Texas driver’s license is required.
„« Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
„« May be required to drive a van
• Criminal background check (includes absence of any offense listed on the Affidavit of Criminal Offense form)
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications