|Title:||Maintenance Worker II|
|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 8am-5pm|
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist in development and maintenance of systems for facility reporting of maintenance problems.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, structural, and equipment repairs.
- Build or modify interior walls or other structures.
- Install equipment as directed.
- Order and maintain a tool and repair part inventory.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the structure and its equipment.
- Complete periodic reports on the status of repairs and the general condition of the physical property.
- Recommend priorities for repairs and evaluate the level of expertise required for those repairs, including costs.
- Perform the approved maintenance procedure for each facility and assist in training facility staff in its accomplishment.
- Complete all forms, work orders and related paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Work independently by driving unassisted to and from job assignment sites in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as required.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professional conduct consistent with the mission of Volunteers of America Texas.
- Incumbent must practice safe working habits including but not limited to using lift belts to prevent back injuries, protective eye covers and gloves where appropriate to prevent personal injury.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus at least one year related experience
- Reasonable knowledge of minor electrical repair, minor heating and air conditioning, minor plumbing repair, and construction.
- A current, valid Texas Driver's License and good driving record are required.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Physical ability and skills to perform necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!