|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 6am-2pm|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Janitor is responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility.
1. Maintains physical facility in a clean, healthy, and safe manner.
2. Maintains cleaning and housekeeping supplies inventories, including receiving, distribution, shipment and storage.
3. Ensures proper conditioning of the floors.
4. Attends all staff meetings and training as assigned.
5. Ensures proper linen supplies are maintained, including receiving, distribution, shipment, and storage.
6. Performs inspections and facility searches, including client property checks and locker searches.
7. Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
8. Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working knowledge of basic computer functions. Requires a demonstrated ability in record keeping. Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards. Upholds organizational values. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High school diploma/GED OR four years directly related experience with a verifiable work history.
- No specific certificates, licenses, or registrations.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Required to walk, stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit, taste or smell.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Hourly pay rate beginning at $10.88
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications