|Title:||Residential Monitor B|
|Work Schedule:||Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-4:00pm|
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
This is a residential pre-release corrections facility for male and female adults coming out of the Federal prison system, to help the offenders rebuild their lives and re-enter their communities, through classes in substance abuse and prevention, life skills education, G.E.D. preparation, housing location, and employment assistance and referral programs.
Minimum pay $11.47 per hour
- Monitor the day-to-day activities of the clients
- Insure the security and operational control of the facility and maintain written records.
- Answer phones, monitor entrances to facility, and monitor visitor access.
- Monitor client movements inside and outside facility and control contraband.
- Obtain urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client substance usage.
- Transport clients in agency vehicles to and from scheduled activities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years work experience desirable, with experience in a residential setting preferred.
- Must pass drug screen and extensive national background check.
- Requires reasonable skills in oral and written communication, observation, positive leadership, and record keeping; and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!