|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 8am-5pm|
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Volunteers of America Texas has an opening for an experienced Maintenance Worker for a 25-unit apartment community in the Heights area of Houston. Ideal candidate must be experienced in plumbing, electrical, make-readies and general maintenance. HVAC certification preferred. Valid driver’s license with good driving record required. Great working environment. Excellent benefit package.
Performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of grounds, apartments, office facility and equipment. Performs a variety of work activities in the maintenance of the grounds at apartment location. In addition, minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting as needed to assist in getting units ready for rent. Keeps work log and work orders for specific site requirements. Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff
- Assist in the preparation of apartments for occupancy
- Respond to service requests
- Performs maintenance and repairs on electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, as well as small and large appliances
- Modest carpentry work as needed
- Interior and exterior painting as needed
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus one year of relevant experience working in the maintenance field OR a high school diploma or equivalent plus a certificate from a maintenance trade/vocational school.
- Valid Texas Drivers License and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
- Experience in apartment maintenance or related field preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- HVAC Certification highly preferred.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.