|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Work Schedule:||Friday - Sunday 11am - 7pm|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation of daily meals, cleaning of the work stations, and keeping the kitchen and pantry in an orderly condition, in accordance with VOA-TX policies and procedures and sponsoring agency requirements.
- Prepares menu items according to the published menu guide.
- Maintains kitchen/storage areas in a healthy, clean, sanitary and organized manner.
- Practices good safety at all times.
- Ensures proper uniform is worn at all times.
- Performs next day's menu preparation as required.
- Attends in-service training as required.
- Insures proper portion control is utilized.
- Ensures that dining room and service line are cleaned after each meal.
- Ensures that all food and non-food items are stored correctly at all times.
- Ensures that no rusted or dented products are utilized or stored.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Cook III in their absence (excluding driving).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires reasonable level of knowledge in food preparation, menu apportionment and health/safety standards, as they apply to commercial kitchen.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus six months experience in institutional or cafeteria services OR two years directly related, transferable experience with a verifiable work history.
- Food Handlers certificate or the ability to obtain certification is required within a specified time frame
- Valid Texas Drivers License (must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications