Residential Monitor A
|Title:||Residential Monitor A|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Work Schedule:||Saturday-Sunday 6:00pm-12:00am|
DescriptionVolunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Facility: San Antonio LIGHT
The Residential Monitor is responsible for monitoring the functional operation of the residential program and facility in accordance with VOA-TX policies and procedures and sponsoring agency requirements.
- Maintains the overall security and operational control of the assigned facility.
- Maintains chronological written records of events that occur during the shift.
- Monitors client movements inside and outside the facility.
- Controls contraband in facility through general observation, facility searches, and client searches.
- Ensures facility cleanliness by assigning and monitoring client work, morning duty, and extra duty assignments.
- Observes client behavior and reports to the Lead Residential Monitor in a timely manner any situations that are irregular or exceptional.
- Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client substance usage.
- Performs partial intake on new clients.
- Makes periodic tours of the facility and the grounds to ensure high level of security by observation and corrective action, if necessary.
- Monitors number of clients and their activities.
- Monitors visitor activities.
- Ensures clients observe all fire and other safety measures.
- Conducts monthly fire drills.
- Secures and inventories personal possessions of clients who leave the facility.
- Assists clients with short-term coping and problem solving.
- Assists clients in the utilization of public transportation.
- Assists in the serving of meals as appropriate.
- Monitors main and secondary entrances to the facility and answer telephones.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as directed.
- Ensures compliance with VOA-TX policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, and sponsoring agency requirements.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities costs, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Monitors, observes, and records client self-administration of medication.
- Transports clients in agency vehicles to and from scheduled activities as assigned.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending on client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent OR transferable work experience that meets the desired qualifications for this position. A high school diploma or equivalent and experience in a residential setting is preferred.
- A Texas Drivers License is required and the ability to be insured
Hourly pay rate beginning at $8.50
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications