|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday 8am-5pm one late evening weekly|
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
This is a Full Time position working Monday through Friday with one late night weekly, between 8am to 5pm. Starting pay may be $11,880.
A client-centered program for male and female adults, focusing on individual needs regarding substance abuse. Programs include both residential and outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug addictions, and education programs to help prevent substance abuse.
- Provide substance abuse education and counseling designed to assist clients to successfully complete the substance abuse program and learn skills to remain drug/alcohol free.
- Conduct initial intake assessment.
- Assign clients to group counseling and other program required activities.
- Develop and implement individual client treatment plans.
- Conduct group and individual counseling, client progress assessments, substance abuse education, and personal and social adjustment training.
- Maintain treatment and other therapeutic records and develop referral linkages with community resources.
- Must have current, valid Texas LCDC license.
- Must pass drug screen and extensive national background check.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct education and therapeutic counseling for individuals and groups.
- 2000hrs combination of skills in substance abuse counseling, psychological testing, vocational assessment, communications, and resource development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Psychology, Social Work, or behavioral sciences.
- Experience using BHIPS/Columbus is highly preferred.
- Bilingual with Spanish preferred.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!