|Starting Pay:||$42,000 salary|
|Work Schedule:||M-F, 40 per week, some evenings and weekends|
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
The SAMSA Counselor is responsible for providing therapeutic interventions designed to assist clients to successfully complete the substance abuse treatment or other clinical treatment program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts initial intake assessment to determine individual treatment needs from clients seeking substance abuse treatment as required per program.
- Conducts orientation for individuals referred to the program.
- Provides clients with individual and group counseling and case management services, as related to their ongoing needs based on their individualized treatment plan.
- Maintains up-to-date client record documentation.
- Facilitates therapeutic group and individual counseling.
- Completes client psychosocial assessments and develops and/or revises and implements individual client treatment plans.
- Prepares periodic reports on client status and activities as required by funding agencies.
- Facilitates substance abuse education using approved curriculum.
- Monitors and notifies Director of potential psychological crises with individual clients that may affect the operation of the program or the facility, or may necessitate further intervention.
- Maintains documentation of treatment in electronic record-keeping, and other client files as required by funding sources.
- Attends all scheduled client staffing, and provides input as appropriate.
- Develops referral linkages with community resources to augment and coordinate services provided by VOATX.
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Attends all required meetings and trainings.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed.
Education requirements follow the guidelines for clinical licensure as reflected under Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations. At least three years’ experience working in a clinical setting. Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field is preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
To meet the qualifications of the SAMSA program, the counselor must hold a LMSW or a LCSW.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!