|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Work Schedule:||1 FT position and 1 PT weekend position|
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
San Antonio, TX
Job Summary: The Residential Mentor is responsible for the management of residents, including food, house, and medical with an end result to maintain a supportive, safe, home environment.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Has responsibility for resident's care in compliance with standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Supervises residents in observance of house rules, as well as policies and procedures of Volunteers of America Texas treatment programs.
- Ensures the provision of a physically and emotionally safe environment for all residents enrolled in the program, sets appropriate boundaries, and adheres to all programmatic schedules, policies and procedures.
- Assists in planning, implementing and supervision of resident's activities.
- Participates in training, staffing and supervisory sessions and instructs group sessions as assigned.
- Handles telephone inquiries and takes messages.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records and reports, in accordance with the program, agency and licensing standards.
- Provides resident intake orientation.
- Assists with resident files in securing necessary information.
- Provides support to residents and, when needed, calls person on call for assistance.
- Supervises self administration of medication with clients as scheduled, following protocols as trained.
- Completes all shift notes and required documentation that relate to client care and communicates to incoming shift staff all relevant activity.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Demonstrates and coaches the development of skills identified as goals in the treatment plan.
- Transports residents to meetings, appointments and any other transport that has been approved by Management Staff.
- Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client usage, as appropriate.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
Knowledge of basic computer functions.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Displays passion and optimism.
Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
Upholds organizational values.
Exhibits confidence in self and others, and inspires and motivates others to perform well.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!