|Title:||Assistant Community Administrator|
|Notes:||Country Village Apartments|
|Work Schedule:||8:00am - 12:00pm M-F|
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATOR
Country Village Square - Gonzales, TX
The Assistant Community Administrator position is available in the Housing program of VOATX that offers affordable housing to seniors, families in poverty and people with disabilities. This position will assist with daily operations of the property, as well as maintaining positive relationships with residents.
- Processes applications, certifications and re-certifications, completes lease packet, calculates rent, and prepares all documents in accordance with the regulatory agency's specifications and Fair Housing Laws.
- Responsible for collection of regular monthly rents from property residents.
- Maintains resident and property files and waiting lists.
- Assists in the supervision of staff and building maintenance.
- Assists in all administrative duties for both internal and external agencies.
- Assumes responsibility of the property during brief absences of the Community Administrator.
- High School diploma plus four years general office experience. One year property management experience preferred.
- Professional COS certification preferred.
- Good knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Must have valid Texas Driver License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be meet company insurance requirements (with satisfactory MVR record); valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!