|Notes:||Minimum of a LCDC License|
|Starting Pay:||$40,000.00 Salary|
|Work Schedule:||Varies, Days/Evenings/Weekends|
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
LICENSED CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR I
The Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor position is available in the Addiction Treatment & Recovery program of VOATX- which addresses addiction and the related issues of poverty, homelessness and trauma that arise from chemical dependency. This position is responsible for providing therapeutic interventions designed to assist clients to successfully complete the substance abuse treatment or other clinical treatment program.
- Conducts initial intake assessment to determine individual treatment needs from clients seeking substance abuse treatment as required per program.
- Conducts orientation for individuals referred to the program.
- Provides clients with individual and group counseling and case management services, as related to their ongoing needs based on their individualized treatment plan.
- Maintains up-to-date client record documentation.
- Maintains documentation of treatment in CMBHS or other electronic record-keeping, and other client files as required by funding sources.
- Monitors and notifies Director of potential psychological crises with individual clients that may affect the operation of the program or the facility, or may necessitate further intervention.
- Develops referral linkages with community resources.
- Facilitates job skills training.
- Functional authority with respect to the clinical supervision of Counselor Interns, Practicum Students and Volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field is preferred.
- LCDC license from the state of Texas, or may hold a clinical license in the form of LMSW, LPC, or LMFT. LMSW, LPC, or LMFT must meet the requirements stipulated by DSHS to be a Qualified Credentialed Counselor.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate therapeutic counseling for individuals and groups.
- Reasonable combination of skills in psychosocial assessment, treatment planning, communications, resource development/linkages, and substance abuse or other clinical counseling is required.
- Demonstrates ability to work with multi-disciplinary team.
- Good working knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!