|Notes:||Minimum of LCDC License, Master's in Social Work Preferred|
|Starting Pay:||$42,000 Salary|
|Work Schedule:||9:00 am- 5:00 pm, Days/Evenings|
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
The Counselor II is responsible for providing therapeutic interventions designed to assist clients to successfully complete the substance abuse treatment or other clinical treatment program. No direct supervisory responsibilities. Functional authority with respect to the clinical supervision of Counselor Interns, Practicum Students and Volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts initial intake assessment to determine individual treatment needs from clients seeking substance abuse treatment as required per program.
- Conducts orientation for individuals referred to the program.
- Provides clients with individual and group counseling and case management services, as related to their ongoing needs based on their individualized treatment plan.
- Maintains up-to-date client record documentation.
- Facilitates therapeutic group and individual counseling.
- Completes client psychosocial assessments and develops and/or revises and implements individual client treatment plans.
- Prepares periodic reports on client status and activities as required by funding agencies.
- Facilitates substance abuse education using approved curriculum.
- Monitors and notifies Director of potential psychological crises with individual clients that may affect the operation of the program or the facility, or may necessitate further intervention.
- Maintains documentation of treatment in CMBHS or other electronic record-keeping, and other client files as required by funding sources.
- Attends all scheduled client staffing and provides input as appropriate.
- Develops referral linkages with community resources.
- Facilitates job skills training.
- Provide COPSD Services as needed for clients with mental health needs
- Conducts in-service training for staff as needed.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Within the scope of responsibility, adheres to budget guidelines, including expenditures, billing for services, P-Card documentation, etc.
- LCDC license from the state of Texas, or may hold a clinical license in the form of LMSW, LPC, or LMFT. LMSW, LPC, or LMFT must meet the requirements stipulated by DSHS to be a Qualified Credentialed Counselor.
- Familiar with community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate therapeutic counseling for individuals and groups.
- Reasonable combination of skills in psychosocial assessment, treatment planning, communications, resource development/linkages, and substance abuse or other clinical counseling is required.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others, and inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Demonstrates ability to work with multi-disciplinary team.
- Good working knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education requirements follow the guidelines for clinical licensure as reflected under Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations. Master’s Degree in social work or related field is preferred.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!