|Title:||Cook - PRN|
|Starting Pay:||$12.32 Hourly|
|Work Schedule:||As Needed/ Varies|
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
The Cook is responsible for assisting in the preparation of daily meals, maintaining a healthy kitchen environment, cleaning the work stations, and keeping the kitchen and pantry in an orderly condition, in accordance with VOA-TX policies and procedures and sponsoring agency requirements.
Assists in the preparation of menu items according to the published menu guide.
Maintains kitchen/storage areas in a healthy, clean, and organized manner.
Prepares next day's menu as directed.
Insures proper portion control is utilized.
Maintains neat and clean work area at all times.
Ensures proper uniform is worn at all times.
Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
High school diploma or equivalent OR one year directly related experience with a verifiable work history.
Food Handlers certificate or the ability to obtain certification is required within a specified time frame;Valid Texas drivers’ license and clear MVR (ability to be insured)
- Requires reasonable level of knowledge in food preparation, menu apportionment and health/safety standards, as they apply to commercial kitchen.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have valid Texas Driver License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be meet company insurance requirements (with satisfactory MVR record); valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.